Dental implants offer a natural solution to replace lost teeth due to decay, disease or aging. Replacing missing teeth improves oral health as well as dental function, and enhances a smile. Dental implants are a small titanium screw root, which is screwed into the cavity of a missing tooth that looks and functions like real teeth and can be used to replace one or several teeth. The experts of the French Dental and Aesthetic Center offer the best methods of dental implants to reduce the number of sessions and enjoy a wonderful smile in the fastest time.
Before the dental implant procedure
- Most dental implants are performed under local anesthesia only, and can sometimes be performed under general anesthesia.
- A dental imaging examination must be performed, and the doctor may request a panoramic image of the teeth to diagnose problems that cannot be seen through the regular examination.
- The doctor gives some antibiotics to people who are more susceptible to infection with endocarditis, such as: people with artificial valves, and those with immunodeficiency.
- A set of preliminary tests is performed to create a tooth building with a color and texture as similar as possible to the original teeth, and in some cases there is a need to carry out pre-treatments before dental implants to create a suitable area in the tissues for the implantation of new teeth.
During the dental implant procedure
The specialists of the French Center in Dental Implants and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery perform the operation under sterile conditions, as follows
- The patient is anesthetized by injecting a local anesthetic into the periodontal area.
- Dental implants can be started if the bone is ready to receive the implant, as the metal screws are fixed to the jawbone.
- Reconstruction begins by taking measurements and creating the appropriate set of implants, usually at least 6 weeks waiting for tissue to heal before final dental placement